Enjoy counting down to Christmas with your kids with this free printable Santa Beard Countdown to Christmas craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
Santa Beard Christmas Countdown with Cotton Balls
If your toddler is anything like mine, they’re already excited for Christmas. Seriously, we can’t wait until December 1 arrives at our house this year!
And if you’re anything like me, you don’t want to give your toddler a candy advent calendar. I would rather give my daughter a toy advent calendar filled with things she’ll use throughout the year. Or even better, something that’s less materialistic, and more about spending time together to do something fun.
Creating over consuming, right?
Enter this adorable countdown to Christmas Santa’s Beard printable.
Over the course of December, you can help your toddler or preschooler fill in this countdown to Christmas Santa beard using cotton balls and white glue.
By the time Christmas rolls around, you can use the Santa countdown beard as a cute Christmas decoration that you made together with your little one!
Why I Love This Santa Beard Countdown Craft
This Santa’s Beard Christmas countdown with cotton balls is super easy for parents and toddlers.
This makes it a great option in December, which might just be the busiest month of the year for parents!
I’m already running around getting stocking stuffers, toddler proofing the Christmas tree, planning my Christmas Eve box, loading up on Christmas books for my toddler and friends’ babies, and more.
Having a super easy activity I can do with my kiddo? It’s like striking gold!
- Santa’s Beard Printable File (Download Santa’s Beard Here!)
- Card Stock and a Color Printer
- 24 Cotton Balls and a Jar to Keep them Organized
- White School Glue (like Elmer’s)
How to Do It
I recommend preparing a craft area and keeping all the supplies in one area for the month. If you live in a small space, you could put everything in a rubbermaid container, and pull it out each day when you’re ready to do the craft.
You could also keep the printable on full display (like on the fridge, for example) to get your kiddo excited!
Prior to December 1st, download the file and print it in color on white card stock.
Starting December 1st, help your toddler glue 1 cotton ball onto Santa’s Beard, filling the first circle. Continue filling out Santa’s Beard each day until December 24th, when he’ll have a full cottony beard before he heads on on his sleigh!
Santa Beard Countdown: Countdown to Christmas Santa's Beard Printable
Enjoy counting down to Christmas with your kids with this FREE printable Santa Beard Countdown to Christmas craft for toddlers and older.
- 1 Santa Beard Countdown Printable File
- White Card Stock
- 24 Cotton Balls and Bowl to Keep Them In
- White School Glue for Kids
- Color Printer
- Table/Craft Area to Keep and Do the Activity Throughout the Month of December
- Download the Santa Beard Countdown file from HERE and print at home on white card stock.
- Prepare a craft area for the month, and put the glue, printed card, and a bowl or container of 24 cotton balls out in preparation.
- Starting December 1, place a small amount of glue on the first circle and have your toddler or preschooler place one cotton ball onto Santa's beard.
- Continue filling in Santa's Beard with one cotton ball per day as you count down to Christmas!
I hope you love this easy Christmas countdown craft as much as we do. If you like it, please share it!